I. General Statement
II. Collection of your Personal Information
- MEP may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
- Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by MEP. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the MEP website.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through MEP’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
- MEP encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from MEP so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. MEP is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the MEP website.
III. Use of your Personal Information
- MEP collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
- MEP may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from MEP and its affiliates. MEP may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- MEP does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- MEP may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. MEP may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to MEP, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- MEP may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within MEP, in order to determine what MEP services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within MEP to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- MEP will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on MEP or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of MEP; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MEP, or the public.
- The MEP website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize MEP pages, or register with MEP site or services, a cookie helps MEP to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same MEP website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the MEP features that you customized.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the MEP services or websites you visit.
V. Security of your Personal Information
- To secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, MEP uses the following: GoDaddy.com SSL.
- When personal information (e.g., personally identifying contact information or credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
VI. Children Under Thirteen
MEP does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
VII. Disconnecting your MEP Account from Third Party Websites
You will be able to connect your MEP account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR MEP ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time. Users may learn how to disconnect their accounts from third-party websites by visiting their “My Account” page. Users may also contact us via email or telephone.
VIII. Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from MEP by contacting us here:
- Web page: http://massedpartnership.org/mailing-list
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IX. Changes to this Statement
MEP will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. MEP encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how MEP is protecting your information.
X. Contact Information
MEP welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that MEP has not adhered to this Statement, please contact MEP at:
- Mailing Address:
Massachusetts Education Partnership
c/o Edward J. Collins, Jr. Center for Public Management
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, Massachusetts 02125-3393
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 617.287.7185